Dr. Anil Kumar Saxena
Emeritus Scientist, Former Head
Medicinal Chemistry Division
Central Drug Research Institute Lucknow, UP, India
Dr. A. K. Saxena is the pioneer of Computer Aided Drug Design (CADD) in India and is regarded as the father of QSAR, a very novel technique in the field of drug discovery.
Dr. A. K. Saxena did his PhD from Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow under the supervision of Dr. Nitya Anand who recently was awarded “Padma Shri”. He was the recipient of Alex. V. Humboldt Fellowship.
Dr. Saxena has a research experience of 39 years in Medicinal Chemistry. His expertise in the field can be gauged by the tremendous research output:
POST DOCTORAL EXPERIENCE
- As Alex. V. Humboldt Fellow
- Borstel Research Institute, Germany
|Review/articles in Books/Monographs||35|
|Patents (Granted/ filed)||70|
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship (1977-78), Alexander von Humboldt foundation Bonn, W. Germany. Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship (1977-78), Alexander von Humboldt foundation Bonn, W. Germany.
- INSA Young Scientist Medal (1983), Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi, India.
- Themis Chemicals UDCT Diamond Jubilee Distinguished Fellowship in Pharmaceutical Sciences (1997-98), U.D.C.T., Mumbai, India.
- Ranbaxy Research Award in Pharmaceutical Sciences (2001), Ranbaxy Research Foundation, Gurgaon, India.
- Honorary Medal for International cooperation and outstanding contribution in Medicinal Chemistry (2004), Scientific Partnership Foundation, Russia.
- Prof. P.K. Bose Memorial Award (2006), Indian Chemical Society, India.